Sunday, October 11, 2009

Podcasting whine and cheese

This week, we had an interesting assignment. We had to create our own blog, include student responses, and figure out how to post the blog onto a subscription service. I must say that this was a learning experience for me. I had to work on two platforms (Mac and PC) with two programs (Audacity and Garage Band) multiple types of technologies (microphones, speakers, software, etc.) and then find sites that I could post to.

At the beginning of the week I thought this would be a piece of cake. It turned out to be more effort than I was expecting it to be. I have been a listener of This American Life for many years and am only now realizing how much effort goes into a production like that. I had grand plans to include my own music, include more than the three students I had initially approached, and create a podcast of epic proportions. Instead, I eeked out a podcast of watered down proportions, the minimum of three students (one of which was a new recruit because of attendance), and no musical interpretation because I was working so hard to make the minimum requirements.

Such is the learning curve with technology. : )

Perhaps one day I will be like Ira Glass and make it all look easy!

If you would like to listen to my podcast you can access it here: Access my podcast.
or you could subscribe here: Subscribe to my feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment