Friday, April 8, 2011

Weaving?



So last night I was thinking about a series of assignments that one of my coworkers was having her students do and thought I might give it a try. The assignment was to write a poem in the same fashion as The Lost Generation and produce it in a video like this. The poem had to be a palindrome and had to be meaningful. In some ways I thought it would be easy; it wasn't. Creating a poem that has meaning and can be read down and up with different meanings is really difficult.

This is my first crack at it. I wanted to get across the fact that a focus on tools and a focus on external responsibilities is not acceptable in a true 21st Century classroom. I had two people proof it and they gave me the thumbs up...so here it is. Any comments would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment